Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and it’s time to plan a date night with your partner! Researcher and Creator of the Marriage Therapy and Couples Counseling Approach called the Gottman Method, Dr. John Gottman states
“Successful long-term relationships are created through small words, small gestures, and small acts.”
Planning a date night, or time spent with your partner is a small gesture and act that can help with your relationship. Whether you are going on a first date, or trying to find something new to do with your partner – it can be challenging to find fun and new things to do. Here are 12 date night ideas in and around Bartlett, Illinois for Valentine’s Day!
1) Underground Retrocade: An arcade that features games from the golden era, such as Frogger, Galaxian, and Space Invaders. It is a unique place to go on a date night. If you have a gamer in your life, this would be perfect. If you are not a gamer, this will be a cool new place to experience with your partner!
3) Pinot’s Palette: Pinot’s Palette is a cute date night idea that can turn any one into Picasso! You can head over to their South Barrington location and paint in the company of others while you sip on some wine, or you can pick up a take home paint kit or blanket kit and create an at home date night!
4) Axe Throwing: Learn a new skill with your partner by going Axe Throwing. You can learn how to throw an Axe, and play fun games with your partner.
6) Top Golf: Take your partner golfing! Similar to mini golf, Top Golf welcomes golfers of any skill level. While golfing, you can sip on drinks & eat food, or you can wait to eat until after you are done golfing and eat at their bar and restaurant.
7) Scentcerely: Create a new scent with your partner and form it into a candle, body mist, or lotion. This is a creative way to combine a unique scent that is unique to your relationship and symbolizes your relationship! You can also each make your own candle here.
8) Main Event: Grab food, drinks, and hang out at Main Event. Main Event has lots to do from bowling, laser tag, and arcade games. Enjoy one or many events here!
9) The Herrington Spa: Spending time with your partner in a relaxing environment can be great for both you and your partner. The spa experience focuses on both mind and body, through body treatments, massages, and facials. This can be a unique way to decompress with your partner and a fun new experience!
10) Even Flow Music & Spirits: Even Flow Music & Spirits is a restaurant, venue, and bar. This restaurant is perfect for lovers of music, especially Rock music and Jazz! This is a cute spot to grab drinks, or enjoy a full meal, all while watching people perform.
11) Wilder Park Conservatory: If you and your partner are nature-lovers then this may be the place for you! Wilder Park Conservatory is a greenhouse that you and your partner can visit to take in some nature – without having to subject yourself to the cold temperatures outside.
12) Club Arcada Speakeasy & Restaurant: Club Arcada is a Speakeasy & Restaurant that has live entertainment. This restaurant has a 20’s vibe to it – perfect for fans of the Roaring 20’s. A cute date night idea for people that want dinner & a show!
Reference: Gottman, J. M., Gottman, J. S., Abrams, D., & Abrams, R. C. (2019). Eight dates: Essential conversations for a lifetime of Love. Workman.