First Generation Adult Therapy Group
One in seven residents of Illinois is a native-born U.S. citizen with at least one immigrant parent.
Learn to increase your self-acceptance and identify your own personal values, process internal struggles, and develop strategies to embrace and navigate each culture you belong to.
If your parent(s) immigrated here from another country, but you were born in the United States, you are considered a first-generation adult.
- Are you an adult between the ages of 20-35 years old, whose parents immigrated to the United States from another country?
- Do you sometimes feel confusion about who you are, what you need, what culture you belong to, and what you believe?
- Are you feeling conflicted about making decisions that benefit you as an individual, but not your family as a whole?
- Feeling unsure how to manage your stress and the overwhelming feelings that are triggered in certain settings and situations?
- Do you have guilt about celebrating your own success?
- Would you like support in embracing your culture, language, and traditions while also thriving in American society?
We can help you:
- decrease your impostor syndrome, confusion, anxiety, and guilt/shame
- learn to embrace flaws and benefits of each culture you belong to
- increase your self-acceptance and identify your own personal values
- process the internal struggles of needing support from family but also doing what feels right for you
- learn to build and maintain boundaries within your family system
- develop a better sense of yourself while learning strategies to navigate two cultures
Meet the Facilitator
First-Gen Adult Therapy Group Details
- When: Mondays from 8:00 – 9:00 PM
- Who: Adults, 20-35 years old
- Where: Virtual Platform
- Insurance Accepted: Blue Cross PPO, Blue Choice, and Optum/United HealthCare
- Fees: $50 per group session
Interested participants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (630) 864-7267 and request an assessment appointment with our group facilitator.
Members are highly encouraged to receive weekly individual therapy with a therapist within or outside our practice to help support the goals you are working on.