If you are dealing with the effects of childhood related trauma and you had/have parents who were emotionally unavailable to you, didn’t meet your emotional and/or physical needs, were abusive and/or neglectful, emotionally immature, or had a problem with substances, gambling, hoarding or other addictive behaviors, this group will help assist your growth and healing from the effects of your developmental trauma.
If you currently are challenged by and struggle with:
- Experiencing distressing triggers and reminders of the past
- Relationship and attachment style challenges that include avoidance, mistrust, boundary confusion etc. Emotional parts of yourself who often become anxious, afraid, worried, depressed, and emotionally dysregulated
- Numbing your feelings with distraction, avoidance, and other behaviors and/or substances
- Navigation of relationships with your parents and other family members
This group will not be processing trauma, but instead the goals and focus will be on:
- Understanding how your past impacts your present and decreasing any negative beliefs about yourself that you struggle with
- Learning about your nervous system responses and developing skills that will focus on how to calm your nervous system
- Creating a calming and self-soothing plan of action to help you feel less overwhelmed and triggered
- Deepening your understanding of helpful boundaries vs reactive defenses
- Improving self-care, self confidence, self acceptance, self-compassion, and feelings of worthiness
Our Group Counseling Specialist
You can grow and heal from the effects of your developmental trauma.
Email us below or call (630) 864-7267 to request an assessment appointment with our group facilitator.
Note: Members are required to be receiving weekly individual therapy with a therapist who is within or outside of our practice, to help support the goals you are working on.