You are not alone – Teen Thrive group can help!
Teen Thrive Group can benefit teens who struggle with depression, emotions that cause you to feel out of control, and/or negative thinking patterns, or if you find it difficult to be understood or find things to enjoy in your life. If you identify with any of the following experiences or want to improve your emotional health, Teen Thrive Group is for you.
- Depression that causes you to feel overwhelmed, frozen, stuck, and misunderstood
- Emotions that sometimes cause you to feel out of control because they go 0-100 in a flash
- Getting upset easily with strong emotional reactions
- Feeling so much fear and worry it is difficult to find things in life you enjoy
- Calming and soothing yourself when upset
- Feeling consumed with self-critical thoughts that swirl around repeatedly inside your mind
- Longing to belong and feel a connection to others so you can be more understood
If any of the feelings listed here sound familiar to you, please consider reaching out.
Teen Thrive Group can help you learn concrete coping strategies to deal with the hardships you face.
Through group therapy, you can develop ways to feel less stress, conflict, and overwhelm by learning to focus your attention on the present moment and let go of past and future worries. We will learn concrete coping strategies so that you no longer feel the need to self-harm or numb your pain with other unhelpful things.
- Increase self-awareness, problem solving skills, and effective communication skills
- Enhance your relationships with friends and family
- Tolerate distress and learn to navigate emotionally triggering situations and other crises
- Grow in your ability to make informed decisions on your own behalf
What you will learn:
- Stress and anxiety reduction skills
- Identify and reduce unhelpful negative thoughts while developing new positive beliefs
- Reduce worries, negative fortune telling, and looping thoughts
- Increase acceptance of yourself while creating self-compassion
- Align with your values to help decrease your suffering
- Skills to help you to reduce emotional suffering and enhance control of emotions
You are not alone – Teen Thrive group can help! We will support and encourage you.
Our Group Counseling Specialists
Interested in joining Teen Thrive Group?
You are not alone – Teen Thrive group can help! You will be supported, encouraged, and understood. Email us below or call (630) 864-7267 to request an assessment appointment with our group facilitator.
Note: Group members need to be involved in weekly individual therapy in or outside of our practice. If a teen sees an outside therapist, we will collaborate with them and coordinate their care.