Grieving and Mourning a Loved One
The loss of a loved one can be one of the most profoundly painful experiences we may ever face during our lifetime. Even though loss and grief are universal, no one can completely understand your pain. Grief and loss are deeply personal, and your grieving process is also unique to you.
Receiving compassionate, caring, and non-judgmental support during this painful time can be one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Please reach out – we are here to help.
What to Expect from Grief & Loss Counseling
An integral part of healing is about accepting what has happened to you, lessening your suffering, and honoring who and what you lost while working through your feelings, beliefs, and thoughts so they don’t hold you back from living your life.
Some steps and processes we will guide you through during your grief and loss counseling experience include:
- Expressing, processing, and understanding your states of denial, anger, bargaining, and depression,
- Accepting the reality of your loss
- Processing the pain of your grief
- Finding ways to live in a world without your loved one and create a new normal
- Developing a continued connection with your loved one while also fully participating in and creating a life you can connect to and enjoy
- Navigating your new identity and purpose for the future
We will focus on understanding your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions while helping you create coping mechanisms so you can manage your emotions in healthy ways. We will work together to develop strategies specifically tailored to your needs and experience so that you can grow and heal.
Non-Death Related Losses & Different Kinds of Loss
We experience the emotions of grief and loss when unexpected or unwanted life changes happen and we are left to figure out how to navigate through it and find a new way of living.
This kind of grief and loss may be experienced when:
- Your child is going to college and you are no longer needed in quite the same way
- You’ve recently retired and your purpose needs to adjust while you find new passions and goals
- You’ve been diagnosed with a chronic health illness and you are facing disability, pain, surgical intervention, or vital treatment
- You’ve experienced the loss of a job you love and need to pivot in a new and unexpected direction
- A relationship ends in an unwanted way and you need to work through your feelings, beliefs, and emotional responses while finding a way to regroup and move forward
- Your role as a parent becomes less active as your children grow and mature
- Family and/or friends move away and the support, connection and closeness you once had is completely new and different
Grief & Loss Therapy Can Help
We understand that everyone processes grief differently, and our counseling sessions are designed with that in mind. Our goal is to help you find insight into your needs and emotions while also providing you with the tools you need to cope through your grief.
Whether you have experienced a recent loss or have been grieving for a longer period of time, you owe it to yourself to receive compassionate counseling for the painful grief you carry.
Meet our Therapists
You don’t need to grieve and suffer alone.
We are here for you during your difficult times and will support you throughout your healing process.