Current Open Positions
Work Environment and Culture
Who we are, what we stand for, what we offer, and what we are passionate about.
Health and Healing Therapy PLLC is a multi-specialty group practice which provides counseling and therapy services that focus on helping children, teens, adults, couples, and families. Much of our clinical work focuses on helping individuals who are dealing with anxiety, depression, trauma, obsessions and compulsions, life transitions, chronic illness, and navigating relationship difficulties.
We are a diverse W-2 employee practice (not 1099 or independent contractor) that provides a supportive, collaborative, and growing team and culture. We strive to help our community members identify what and who they value so that they can Grow, Heal, and Thrive.
Each therapist is encouraged to identify their own niche population(s) and clinical issues that they feel the most confident in treating, allowing them to do their best work.
We are a team of passionate therapists who help people learn how to care for themselves, realize they are enough and are deserving of healing, are not alone, and can create the life they want.
Here’s the Tea
We want therapists who have a deep desire to learn, grow, and strive to improve. These therapists should take initiative, try, problem solve, seek support, be honest, and have integrity. We need individuals who can and will keep themselves accountable to do the things that are needed to provide excellent care. We are always willing to help and support our team members, but we do need our therapists to have internal motivation so we don’t end up having to micromanage (we agree – everyone hates to be micromanaged!).
Let’s Be Really Honest
We get it. The real fun in being a therapist is working with your clients, doing the therapy work, and seeing people grow and change. We know that documentation is probably not your BFF, but we do ask our team to do things nobody usually likes doing. For example:
- Completing required notes and documentation within 48 hours
- Writing those dreaded treatment plans and making sure they are updated at least twice a year
- Returning emails and phone calls within 24 hours on work days
- Collaborating with other professionals to enhance clinical care
This is the kind of treatment and service we provide so that we can be confident our clients, families, and community feel supported and cared for. Being an excellent therapist takes effort, time, commitment, and follow through. If that describes what you already do or things you are easily willing to do, then you are the kind of therapist we desire to have on our team.
We Collaborate and Grow
We want people who are open, hungry, and excited to expand and enhance their clinical knowledge and skills so they can provide excellent care. If continually seeking clinical training and deepening you understanding of evidence-based practices, trauma therapy, attachment, and the mind-body connection is not your jam, then we probably aren’t the best place for you. We believe our clients, families, and community deserve the best possible trauma-informed mental health care, and we strive to give it to them.
We’re Supportive, Positive, and Strive to Inspire
We want people who will be open, supportive, kind, accepting, and positive. We only want people who commit to leaving the drama and negativity at the door. Being a therapist is an amazingly rewarding profession, but it is also emotionally taxing and stressful, so we need to surround ourselves with team members who want the best for themselves and each other. We want people who want to be here and want to do and be a part of the amazing work we have the privilege of doing. We strive to have fun together while supportively inspiring each other. If you can be open, vulnerable, positive, supportive, and accept encouragement to grow, you are our kind of person.
Accommodating Clients & Flexibility is One of Our Values
Many of our clients attend therapy between the hours of 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM or on Saturday or Sunday, as most cannot have a session during work or school hours.
- Full-time therapists facilitate (25) therapy sessions per week with a schedule that includes (3) evenings per week with additional daytime hours OR (2) evenings and (1) weekend day with additional day hours. Therapists need to be available for (34) hours per week in order to facilitate (25) sessions, attend supervision and consultation, complete notes, etc.
- Part-time therapists facilitate a minimum of (15) therapy sessions per week with a minimum of (2) evenings per week until 9:00 PM OR (1) evening and (1) weekend day in addition to daytime hours. The overall required hours of needed availability is (22) hours per week.
Our office is in Bartlett, Illinois, and currently therapists have an optional hybrid schedule with (3) office days per week and (1-2) work from home days per week. We provide both telehealth and in-person therapy sessions. Each therapist’s schedule is a little different and will be developed and agreed upon during the hiring process.
The Scoop on Money and Benefits
We offer our therapists a comprehensive benefits package, and they are given the opportunity to earn a GREAT annual income. We also offer a ton of support, benefits, resources, learning opportunities, supervision, and consultation. We market each therapist in ways that enhance their opportunity to work with their ideal client and within the niche that helps increase retention, engagement, client outcomes, and therapist growth.
We will fill your caseload as long as you are able to retain and engage clients. We provide training and learning opportunities to deepen your knowledge and skills and to grow clinically while becoming the best therapist you can be.
We try our best to have you focus only on providing therapy and completing the needed documentation while managing your calendar of appointments. We have a ton of intake and administrative support so you can focus on what you do best.
We Strive for Excellence
- It’s true – we have high expectations. We expect our therapists to know how to provide evidence-based therapy services that provide a foundation and space for our clients to grow and heal. If our therapists aren’t sure or confident about something, we expect them to ask for help and guidance and not ignore the fact that they don’t know. We want them to learn and grow and not stay stuck, scared, or confused. However, they do need to ask for what they need and be honest about where they are at. We can’t help if we don’t know help is needed.
- We need therapists who can be: open to new ideas, don’t have all the answers, can apologize, be vulnerable, say “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure,” will seek support and help, and are willing to look at their own stuff when it is causing issues in the therapy room. We want therapists who strive to grow, are open to learning about their blind spots, have a good sense of humor, can bring humor into sessions, and are creative, compassionate, and genuinely love providing therapy.
- Because we provide care from a trauma-focused attachment lens, we often provide longer term therapy. This means we need therapists on our team who are committed to the process of deeper therapy work. If you are looking for a stable practice to get comfy with and stay awhile, that’s great to hear because we may be the place for you. But, if you get bored and restless easily and look for a change every year or so by hopping to the next job adventure, we aren’t a good match. Our clients need stability, consistency, and safety.
- Our staff need to be willing to comply with our Employee and Practice Policies. Policies are created to keep everyone informed, keep systems in place, and help to provide some semblance of structure, consistency, and order (sometimes that can be refreshing).
- We want staff to be willing to share their expertise and knowledge. We are open to feedback, suggestions, and new ideas. We aren’t a fear-driven organization where your voice doesn’t matter – it matters to us, and we want to hear it. When we collaborate and put our minds together, that is how we find better solutions and improve our systems, therapeutic care, and our overall practice culture for staff and clients.
- Quality, Timely, Accurate, and Individualized Documentation is Non-Negotiable. Our clinicians understand this and align with this expectation. You must create individualized treatment plans, quality progress notes, thorough biopsychosocial summaries, accurate diagnoses, and timely discharge summaries. Your schedule must be updated and accurate so we can ensure clients know when and where they are receiving care.
What You Will Find and Love about Health and Healing Therapy
- Our office environment is comfortable, cozy, and warm – kind of like your own living room
- Our administrative staff are total rock stars who are full of wisdom and willingness to help support you
- We care deeply about our staff and clients
- We strive to give excellent care
- We love to help people Grow, Heal, and Thrive
- We provide our staff’s favorite drinks and snacks!
- We eat lunch together several times a week
- We celebrate special occasions, i.e: birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, baby showers, intern day, and more.
- We love to eat cake!
- We host potluck lunches
- We have lunch and/or dessert on the practice’s tab monthly
- Our staff receive various gifts of appreciation throughout the year to say THANK YOU for all they do!
THIS IS US.
If we sound like a practice you’d like to be a part of, we would love to get to know you. If who we are is not your jam, we understand and trust you will find the right place for you.
If you think you are a great candidate and are interested in joining our team, please apply here.
We hope to meet you soon, and we wish you all the best!
Join Our Counseling and Therapy Team
Health and Healing Therapy PLLC is a multi-specialty group practice which provides counseling and therapy services that focus on helping children, teens, adults, couples, and families. We are currently hiring full-time and part-time therapists.
Candidates need to be one of the following:
- LCSW (licensed clinical social worker)
- LCPC (licensed clinical professional counselor)
- LSW* (licensed social worker)
- LPC* (licensed professional counselor)
- LMFT (licensed marriage and family therapist)
*Licensed social workers and licensed professional counselors (LSW or LPC) need to have post-graduate counseling and therapy experience and must be close to obtaining their clinical license. In addition, they need to be seeking a full-time therapist position.
Our therapist team continues to grow, and we are excited to be offering in-person services seven (7) days a week to the Bartlett, Streamwood, Hanover Park, Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Wayne, West Chicago, St. Charles, South Elgin and Elgin areas. In addition, we provide virtual telehealth therapy throughout Illinois.
Health and Healing Therapy is located in Bartlett, Illinois.
Our office is located in Bartlett, Illinois (between Schaumburg, Wheaton, and St. Charles). Currently, we provide a combination of tele-health counseling / online and in-person therapy services. View our location and get directions.