Hi, I’m Nina.
I help children, teens, and adults by providing a calm, compassionate, and supportive safe space where you can be open and honest while we help you develop greater self-acceptance and confidence.
As you begin your journey in therapy, the first step will be focused on building a relationship. We will be new to each other, so it will take me some time to get to know you, and it will take some time for you to trust me, feel comfortable, and be able to open up to me. After building trust, we can work together as a team to help you with your struggles. After identifying them, we then can create goals to help you begin to feel better. As your time in therapy progresses, we will check in with each other to ensure we are headed in the right direction.
During your time in therapy, I will encourage you to be open to making adjustments or experimenting with new things that may seem silly or like they may not work. Additionally, we will also examine your values, goals, support system, expectations of yourself, and the negative beliefs you hold about yourself. I am here to help you sift through all of these, provide a safe space to talk about them, and to let you be your authentic self so we can make sense of your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
Additional specialties & approaches:
- Struggling with big emotions and emotional regulation
- Work and academic struggles
- Social anxiety
- Imposter syndrome
- Relationship struggles
- Strengths-Based therapy
- Parent Education and Support
- Trauma-Informed Practices
Nina also leads the following group therapy sessions:
- B.A. in Psychology (with a minor in Peace Studies), Lewis University
- M.S in Clinical Psychology, Benedictine University
Certifications, Credentials, & Specialized Trainings
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) – Illinois # 180014869
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Advanced Training
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Special Trainings: DBT, OCD in children and adolescents
- IMHCA – Illinois Mental Health Counselor Association
Interests, Passions, & Fun Facts about Nina
In my free time I like to read, hang out with my cat, and attend live shows. I love a good suspense/thriller book, however, I also love to spend the night singing along to my favorite artists at live shows! I also love enjoying nature and going hiking, and it is a hope of mine to visit all of the national parks in the United States!